Friday, November 4, 2022

Priest of the Burning Eye

I recently commissioned a piece of art from Evlyn Moreau; I provided few details about anything but the symbol at the top of his staff, and she brought the rest forth from her imagination, excellently imparting the mood of the Priest and his cult.




In an example sketch I provided (just as inspo, not as a model to replicate) I attempted to bring forth a kind of runic, goetic eye, but it ended up looking unintentionally like a skull; she produced a symbol that imparts the splendor and numinousness I'd hoped for, while also being much bolder, clearer, and more memorable. Thank you, Evlyn, for providing your expertise and creativity.





1 comment:

  1. EV has an instantly recognizable style. Works well here!

    ReplyDelete

Art - First Run